Getting to know Emma!
Updated: Mar 5, 2019
1. Do you have allergies/asthma/eczema/immune disease? Elaborate!
I have asthma, environmental allergies, and allergies to bees, latex, and pets (such as dogs, cats, and horses). I also have eczema, which affects me mostly when I exercise.
2. Why did you choose to be a part of The Itch?
I'm passionate about promoting wellness, making trustworthy medical information more accessible, and improving people's lives through creative methods like podcasts!
3. What's your day job?
I'm a student at Columbia. I study Neuroscience & Behavior, Women’s and Gender Studies, and Pre-Medicine.
4. You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
Light blue! I find it to be a happy, calming, and inviting color.
5. What is something you like to do the old-fashioned way?
I like getting to know the people around me, whether that means making friends with my neighbors or having conversations with people on the subway (instead of staring at my phone). My other "old-fashioned" habits include writing handwritten notes, reading books in print, and doing the NYT crossword puzzle every morning.
6. What do you bring with you everywhere you go?
My reusable water bottle.
7. What is your karaoke song?
8. What is your favourite think to snack on?
Chips and guac
9. What are you currently reading?
I just finished reading "The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down" by Anne Fadiman. It's an amazing read, and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in narrative medicine. Now I'm reading "Me Talk Pretty One Day" by the hilarious David Sedaris.
10. Your top 3 podcasts.
- The Daily
- The Argument